Beginning of the Year Media Tech


 "It is always wise to look ahead, but difficult to look further than you can see." ~ Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill Quotes. (n.d.). BrainyQuote.com. Retrieved August 6, 2021, from BrainyQuote.com Web site: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/winston_churchill_129821

If looking ahead is a bit too much for you at this early date in August...feel free to pause reading this until a later date!

Welcome back Underwood Family! I have been busy in the media center for much of the summer and I hope you will enjoy the changes. I did have a few short getaways to the mountains, hence the photo choice. I am excited to get to work with you all in a different way this year!

As we begin the year, there are a few items of priority to get us off and running. Here is your beginning of the year checklist. A few items have been highlighted to draw your attention to things I need within the first few days of school. Keep scrolling for items geared toward supporting your students as well.

As you will see, Chromebook distribution will take place within the first few weeks of school. Following that, I will be reaching back out to you for times to begin media orientation classes and our first or ongoing steps for digital portfolios. In addition, Mrs. Mankin and I are available at varied times during the day to support you with other needs. A few that come to mind include:

  • Read aloud with Mrs. Mankin or me
  • Open circulation throughout the day
  • Logging in strategies for students
  • Resources and collaboration to support research
  • Book or digital resource collections
  • Times to collaborate on projects in the classroom or in Leo's lab (the makerspace)
  • your area of need or idea....

Reach out with any questions and I will see you soon!

This blog post was August 6, 2021 on the previous blog site.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8.30.21