09.10.21 Update

 

The only thing that you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library.   Albert Einstein

Kowalczyk, P. (2020, February 26). 50 thought-provoking quotes about libraries and librarians. Ebook Friendly. Retrieved September 11, 2021, from https://ebookfriendly.com/best-quotes-about-libraries-librarians/#library-quotes.


Digital resources 

The MTAC team approved the continued purchase of Tumblebooks.  However, we have not gotten enough feedback on other resources.  In order for us to make additional purchases, please complete the survey.   Media Tech Survey. An additional question has been added to gain your opinion on using a small portion of your PTA funds to share the cost if our requests exceed our budget.

Circulation

We have started the circulation of books in the media center! I am loving the #librarylife. 

If you are in need of a time for your class that does not fit my schedule, please reach out so 

we can work it out together.  Reinforce with students the importance of caring for

 and returning their library books. 


DRPL

Please review this document for information on the categories of digital

 platforms approved for use in WCPSS.  


Chromebooks

I am creating a report for all missing/lost Chromebooks to the county.  We will need to wait

 to hear from them about the next steps. I believe I have touched base with everyone that 

is still in need of a device.  If a device is broken, place a help desk ticket.  If you have other 

needs or concerns please reach out. 

EMAIL

I found some directions on the web that explain how to add a website (Wake ID

Portal for access to email) to your phone.  Why reinvent the wheel? Let me know if you

 need help. Android   iOS


Ancestry K12 Resources


WCPSS continues to have access to the Ancestry K12 suite of resources: ancestryclassroom.com,
fold3.com, and newspapers.com. Accounts or passwords are not required for access. These are only accessible to students and staff while on the WCPSS network.

Have a great week!

~Star





 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8.30.21